What is Acne ?
There are skin problems like damaged skin, sun burned skin, wrinkles and acne. Amongst all acne is the common problem that everybody complains about. Scientifically it is known as “acne vulgaris” and commonly it is referred as pimple. It shows up at the time of puberty as a result of hormonal changes in the body and goes away. But the fact is acne occurs at any time during life and affects all age groups excluding children under the age 12. It looks really bad on the face and also lowers the confidence of going social. Acne also left acne scars on the face and it doesn’t go easily. One should know the causes thoroughly so that treatment of acne becomes easier and effective. Acne usually is a harmless skin disorder but you should seek medical help if it is showing up frequently and the situation is getting worse than usual.
It is very important to know about the factors that cause acne to get a better treatment of acne. You can take preventive steps to avoid acne and its complications. The following are the factors that cause acne.
1) Excessive production of oil – The oil glands in the skin secret oil known as sebum which lubricates hair and skin. Normally the oil produced travel along the hair shaft and spreads over the skin surface. When these gland produces excess oil it get mixed with the dead skin cells and forms soft plug that clogs a skin pore thus forming acne. It is not clear, why oil glands produce excess of sebum. It is believed that several factors including hormones, heredity and certain medications play an important role in the production of excess sebum.
2) Shedding of dead cells – This is one of the cause over which we have no control. Every day, the dead cells come up on the skin surface and shed away. It is a natural process. These dead cells combine with the excess oil and clog the skin pores causing acne.
3) Bacteria – There is a strain of bacteria that lives normally in the skin and is harmless but when it comes in contact with the dead cells and oil, it can worsen the condition.
Acne normally appears on the face but can also show up on the back, neck, chest and shoulders. Acne can occur in the following forms showing different symptoms.
1) Whiteheads and Blackheads – These are formed when the hair follicle blocked by oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. Blackheads are open at the skin surface and dark in color. Whiteheads are close at the skin surface and skin colored, raised bumps.
2) Papules – It may be red and tender showing inflammation and infection in the hair follicle.
3) Pustules – These are red, tender bumps with white pus at the tip.
4) Nodules – These are large, solid and painful lumps.
5) Cysts – These are the painful, pus-filled lumps that cause acne scars.
Treatment of acne
The treatment of acne becomes easier when you understand the causes thoroughly. Treatment involves topical medications like Generic Retin-A. Chemically it is made up of Tretinoin which belongs to the class of medications known as retinoid. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) is a derivative of vitamin A and use to treat sun burned skin. It also reduces wrinkles to give you smooth skin. It is also use in the treatment of acne. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) is use to treat damaged skin. It has unique mechanism of action. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) works by irritating the skin and causes the cells of the skin to divide and die more rapidly. Thus resulting in the turnover of the cells and prevents formation of acne. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) is also available at online drug store.