Vacuum desiccator cabinets are vacuum chambers made up of acrylic material. Vacuum desiccator cabinets are one of the types of desiccator cabinets. Vacuum desiccator cabinets are used to store chemical samples and pharmaceuticals dust-free and oxygen-free. Vacuum desiccator’s cabinets keep the chemical substances from oxidation reaction. Vacuum desiccator cabinets come in different sizes and variations in a number of chambers. Single chamber vacuum desiccators cabinets are used in small laboratories and hospitals. Multi-chambered desiccator’s cabinets are also available in the market. Vacuum desiccator cabinets are safer as compared to other desiccator cabinets. Vacuum desiccator cabinets are available in round and rectangular shapes. Vacuum desiccator cabinets are also used for degassing techniques.
Why desiccator’s cabinets are used?
Desiccator’s cabinets are mainly used to store chemical samples from the oxidation process. Vacuum Desiccator Cabinets are designed with vacuum chambers inside the desiccator’s cabinets. The vacuum chambers protect the chemicals from reaction with oxygen and the outer environment. It also resists humidity. Chemicals are stored safely and air-free. Vacuum desiccator cabinets are used for storing mixed liquids, chemical substances, and samples. These vacuum desiccator cabinets are available in different sizes and designs. We can see other types of desiccator’s cabinets in the market like plastic desiccator’s cabinets, Stainless Steel Desiccator Cabinets, etc. Vacuum desiccators reduce the humidity by resisting the air using a vacuum pump or in-house laboratory vacuum.
Some standard features of vacuum desiccators cabinets by industries:
- Come with 1 inch thick acrylic material
- Type 1- Removable cover makes it easy to store samples.
- Front hinged door for quick access to the samples in all chambers (Type II)
- Door with vacuum gasket ensures air-free seal.
- Vacuum level of 29.8″ Hg and more support by vacuum desiccators cabinets.
- Stainless steel latches for complement corrosion resistance.
Vacuum Control Unit- Pump Accessories
Vacuum level present inside the desiccator’s cabinet is monitored by vacuum pump control unit. It automatically controls pump operation by turning the pump on/off. Non-flammable and non-corrosion gases are present inside the desiccator’s cabinet chambers.
Vacuum Pump for vacuum desiccators
The vacuum pump provides safety to the chemical substances present inside the desiccator’s chambers. It plays an important role in keeping the chemical substances from the oxidation process.
Advantages of Vacuum desiccators cabinets
- Cubic style vacuum desiccator cabinets have easier accessibility.
- Cubic style vacuum desiccators cabinets have greater storage capability.
- Vacuum desiccator cabinets are ideal for ultra-dry condition.
- Vacuum desiccators cabinets are designed to store the chemical substances and biological samples from dust and humidity.
- Vacuum pump present inside the desiccator cabinet chambers protect the samples from oxygen and other environmental gases.
- Vacuum desiccator cabinets comes with strong and durable acrylic walls and door
- The door and walls of vacuum desiccator cabinets are made with acrylic with gives ultimate protection to the samples inside the desiccator chambers.
- Vacuum desiccator cabinets come with vacuum control unit, which regulates the percentage of vacuum inside the desiccator cabinet chambers.
- Vacuum desiccators cabinets come with stainless steel door hinges that give high protection to the chemical samples.
- The plating coated inside the vacuum desiccator cabinet protects thesubstances form oxidation.
Vacuum desiccator cabinets are designed to store chemical substances and biological samples from humidity and dust. These vacuum desiccator cabinets are designed using vacuum pump technology. The vacuum pump technology works on providing vacuum uniformly inside the chambers of Vacuum Desiccator Cabinets.
Disadvantage of Vacuum desiccator cabinets
- Both round and cabinet types of vacuum desiccators are limited in storage capacity and chambers.
- Vacuum control unit have to provide vacuum continuously.
- Vacuum desiccators are much heavier than normal desiccators because of thick walls of desiccator chambers.
Vacuum desiccator cabinets are desiccator cabinets’ work on the vacuum pump technology. The vacuum control unit present inside the vacuum desiccator cabinet provides a vacuum effect inside the chambers. The vacuum protects the chemical substances present inside the desiccator cabinet chambers from oxygen and other environmental gases. The vacuum prevents the reaction of chemical samples to the outer environment. Single chambered vacuum desiccator cabinets are easy to transfer from one location to another location. Single chamber vacuum desiccator cabinets are less weighted and high durable desiccator cabinets for the short purpose of storing limited chemical substances. Vacuum desiccator available in round and cabinet shapes. We can buy them according to our needs. Multi-chambered desiccators are also available in the market.